Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baby Hat

I know, this is the first hat that I have made for Baby K's noggin.  How did this happen?  I somehow got sidetracked with cardigans!  OK, so this is one of my "go to" baby hat patterns.  I have made it numerous times and each time, I like it more and more.

 
details....
pattern:   Baby Hat by Leigh Radford
yarn:  Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Butter
size:  newborn
my ravelry link:  Baby Hat
 
I always make the same mod.  The pattern calls for you to knit the umbrella edging and then knit in the round until the piece measures 3.5" from cast on.  I like to knit for at least 4".  Otherwise the hat doesn't cover baby's ears! 
 
In total, this project took me 2 hours.  I have been working on this new yarn holding technique that has really helped me speed up, especially when working straight stockingnette. 
 
Random:  When I left my house this morning it was 56 degrees.  It's now in the 30s and it has only been 3 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment