Thursday, June 2, 2011

Matron of Honor Capelet

One of the more popular patterns on Ravelry, the Anthropolgie Capelet, is a pattern I have now made a couple of times.  In fact, this pattern was the first sweater I ever knit back in 2008!  It's a classic, top-down raglan knit.  Super easy for a beginner and a sigh of relief for an advanced knitter when all you want to do is knit and purl with out much thinking.  Plus, it's quick.  I actually started and finished this project while on a road trip to my little sister's (fabulous) wedding in Florida. 


Knit with Malabigo Merino worsted (Polar Morn) held double, this capelet (well, it's really shrug) is super soft and very warm.  It was perfect for my sister's outdoor, December evening wedding in FL.  Notice how pregnant I am in this next photo.  I felt SO huge and I was only six and a half months pregnant at this point. 


details....
pattern:   Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet by Julia Allen
yarn:  Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Polar Morn
my ravelry link: Bridesmaid Capelet

No comments:

Post a Comment