Thursday, April 10, 2014

New beginnings! and where have I been these last THREE YEARS?!

OK, so I had a baby like what, 3 years ago now?  Yes, 3 years ago.  During this time, tumbleweeds blew threw my blog....  Why?  Y'all, I was BUSY.  You know, raising kids, working full time, blah, blah, blah.  About 6 or so months ago though, I discovered that I was able to craft again!  My toddler no longer pulled on my knitting needles or demanded (really, I loved this!) to be on my lap 24/7. Here's the thing though.  Make sure you are sitting down.  I am temporarily bored < gasp! > with knitting.  I know, I know, C-R-A-Z-Y.  I needed something new, but still in the textile world because OMG, I love all things textile.    

For about 6 years or so now, I have been dabbling in the sewing/fabric world.  Hoarding gorgeous fabric and just wishing I could sew a straight line.  Doing a little hand sewing here or there, etc...  I decided to go out on a whim and attempt to sew this scarf I saw on Pinterest:  


It was easy peasy to make and turned out super cute!   Sewing was easier than I remembered (or maybe I just have more patience now?).  After I made the scarf, I decided to make my very 1st quilt.  Let's just say that I learned a LOT from this project.  


I learned that sewing, is mostly about the prepping.  The cutting, pinning, planning, etc... I also learned that I LOVELOVELOVE hand quilting.  It's pretty therapeutic if you ask me.  The fabric that I used (Lizzy House, Castle Peeps), has been in my fabric stash for minimum 5 years now.  I told you I had a fabric hoarding problem! 

So yeah, Be Knit Picky is officially back!  I have lots and lots of announcements on the horizon, plus lots of finished projects to share.  I hope you stick around!    <3 B

1 comment:

  1. Lovely stuff! I've been interested in hand quilting ... but don't need any more stash right now until I get control on my yarn and fiber, LOL! Mmm maybe I can try just one project .. I'm sure it won't grow out of control - yeah right :o)

    ReplyDelete