Wednesday, July 23, 2014

#quiltspiration365 - Textiles Talk Wednesday!

Super excited to be a part of the Late Night Quilters group daily #Quiltspiration365!   


So what does inspire my quilting/sewing?  I have given this a lot of thought over the last couple of days and it all boils down to my love for textiles. I lovelovelove searching for the perfect fabric for a project.  I also really love the textile design process. There are so many avenues that get you to a final textile design too.  Which, brings me to my current inspiration...  print maker and pattern designer, Andrea Lauren of Ink Print Repeat!  Her designs are incredible and her process is simply inspiring. 



It's pretty neat to see Andrea's design process via Instagram. If you don't already, you should follow her on IG STAT!  I just love how she showcases her art through her images.  Most images show the actual hand carved stamp and an example of what it looks like on paper.  How cool is that?!?  Some but not all of these images make their way over to her Spoonflower shop.  Here you can order various types of fabric featuring her designs.  

A couple of weeks ago I received an order for a Noodlehead Divided Basket using the Geometric Bear-cream print.  I ordered the fabric from Spoonflower and had it printed on Kona cotton. I have just enough left over to add to an upcoming quilt project. Sweet!  I really NEED to get my hands on more of Andrea's prints ASAP.    

  
Now, back to #Quiltspiration365.  What is it you say?  Well, it's an effort to bring you quilty inspiration 365 days a year. #Quiltspiration365 consists of a group of bloggers (including me obviously!) from a FaceBook group called Late Night Quilters. The name of the group says it all! We stay up until the wee hours of the morning piecing, cutting and quilting.  I often receive the "when do you sleep??" comment so my being in this group is quite fitting!  

Need more inspiration for your next WIP?  Join us as we bring you quilty inspiration 365 days a year!  Here is a list of the blog posts from this past week:  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing Andrea's work. Its that perfect mix of graphic + handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fabric! Did you ever find more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to all of Andrea's fabric on spoonflower: http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/andrea_lauren?sort=freshtastic&substrate=fabric

      Pretty amazing designs!!!

      Delete